Version: 01.2021 - Content current as of 1 January 2021
This course is intended for Drivers and focuses on the hazardous materials job functions performed by these persons. The course fulfills the U.S. DOT hazardous materials transportation training requirements for: (1) General Awareness & Familiarization; (2) DOT General Safety; (3) Hazardous Materials Security Awareness; and (4) Function-Specific for those functions performed by Drivers at a typical automotive dealership or related facilities, as outlined int he course syllabus.
The course objectives are:
- Understand the basis for classification of hazardous materials.
- Be knowledgeable of the physical and chemical properties associated with hazardous materials.
- Know the nine international hazard classes and their corresponding divisions.
- Find the appropriate proper shipping name for a solution or mixture.
- Understand when to use "not otherwise specified" in a proper shipping name.
- Know how to determine the primary hazard class for those materials with more than one hazard class using the Precedence of Hazard Table.
Included in the Surface Transport of Dangerous Goods web-based training program is a useful library of tools, references, tables and guides, checklists, documentation templates and a glossary of terms and definitions.
A detailed examination is available and a Certificate of Completion will be awarded to participants receiving 80% or better on the comprehensive exam.
Click on the course syllabus here:
Transport of Automotive Hazardous Materials for Drivers
- Product Code:HMT-0434
- Availability:In Stock